Element Capital Group is seeking a Head of Product for the Technological arm of our business. This position reports to CEO and other partners of the Firm.
The ideal candidate will have in depth experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, be organized and focused, and possess excellent leadership, management and communication skills. Candidate should be experienced enough to autonomously lead and own the development of the product.
The role requires the ability to lead and deliver on various competing projects; perform well under pressure; and excel in providing reliable and clear communication to the external and internal clients.
The position is based in our Santa Monica, CA headquarters.
Essential Job Functions
The Head of Product will have accountability for the following areas:
- Lead execution of product strategy and vision; work closely with development teams to execute product development strategy and deliver products to market.
- Learn product requirements through thorough market (competitive) review and formal requirements elicitation methods.
- Articulate clear vision for new products and work cross-functionally with executive, engineering and growth teams to, define strategic projects, determine prioritization for them, and develop a product roadmap
- Identify, evaluate and functionally integrate third party vendors when needed to deliver complete solution.
- Negotiate product requirements with software architecture and design teams.
- Work with Product Marketing team to identify and craft appropriate product positioning approach.
- Attend and participate in industry related events and tradeshows to maintain visibility and market awareness.
- Support sales and services as needed in regards to your product category including formal presentations to clients and prospects.
- Spearhead all customer development activities including user testing, feedback collection, and conversion optimization. No one should understand our users better than you.
- Be able to drive product development as an independent business unit and focused on a cost structure.Lead sales efforts and deliver product to the market
- Generate clients flow and communication with end users to deliver demanded features and requirements.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Minimum of 7 years of experience is required in the field of product management.
- Successful track-record as a head of product, or experienced product leader with potential to step into a role at this scale and with this scope of responsibility.
- Strong business focus and orientation with history of successfully managing the product development processes and cross-functional teams
- Experience working with key opinion leaders in the field to identify market requirements and translate them into product features.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following markets: blockchain, adtech, crowdfunding.