Essential Job Functions
The Senior Software Engineer will have accountability for the following areas:
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable.
- Ability to take user stories from the backlog and work without oversight.
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Writes custom code or scripts to do “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Actively contribute to the team’s learning sessions by sharing resources and research into new technologies at the team’s weekly info share meeting.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- Exposure with test/behavior driven development.
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with DevOPS and AWS servers
- Experience auditing and implementing security procedures
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL and ElasticSearch
- Exposure to 12-factor methodology and its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design